CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
>>>CALL FOR ABSTRACTS>>>
You are invited to submit original abstracts in any of the congress’ scientific topics by September 22, 2022 on the following
>>Adjustable gastric banding
>>Integrated Health or Multidisciplinary care
>>Anesthesia and bariatric surgery
>>Bariatric surgery in children, adolescents or elderly
>>Basic science and research in bariatric surgery
>>Endoscopic and Percutaneous Interventional Procedures
>>Enhanced recovery in bariatric surgery
>>Fertility, pregnancy and bariatric surgery
>>Gastric bypass procedures including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) and One Anastomosis gastric bypass (OAGB)/MGB
>>Gastric Stimulation and Nerve Blockade
>>Hernia surgery in the bariatric patient
>>Malabsorptive bariatric operations
>>Medical management of bariatric patients
>>Metabolic Disorders, Epidemiology, Physiology
>>Nutrition after bariatric surgery
>>Plastic surgery after weight loss
>>Pre-operative management or post-operative care
>>Primary care and the bariatric surgery patient
>>Psychology and bariatric surgery
>>Robotic bariatric surgery
>>Management of weight regain after surgery
>>New (Non-standard) Surgical Techniques
>>Sleeve gastrectomy and sleeve plus
>>Surgery and strategies for low BMI or high BMI
>>Technology and bariatric surgery
>>Type 2 diabetes and metabolic surgery
>>Young IFSO-APC session
Abstracts will be published in “Obesity Surgery”, the official Journal of IFSO edited by Springer which will be available in electronic format.
Please ensure you read the guidelines and instructions below to avoid rejection of your abstracts.
GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Abstracts submitted by email, fax or post will NOT be accepted. The Scientific Committee will not accept responsibility for any abstracts that have not been properly submitted according to the instructions.
Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
The title of the abstract must be less than 20 words.
The body of the abstract must be concise with less than 350 words.
The abstract must be split into the following sections:
There are three types of presentation available: Oral, Poster and Video.
Please note that selecting oral will not ensure that your abstract is considered for oral presentation. As presentation slots are limited, your abstract may be reallocated for poster presentation.
Tables and figures must be enclosed into the body of the abstract; a maximum of 2 can be submitted.
Please note that inserting tables will reduce your word capacity.
Videos – Please submit the abstract and upload the video for review.
Maximum size of the video: 50 MB. Acceptable video format is: .mp4. Suggested Codec: H.264.
Videos should be in a standardized format:
– video title
– clinical presentation and indication for surgery
– preoperative x-ray images/endoscopy/blood results
– operative procedure
– postoperative outcome
Videos must include verbal narration. Narration must use generic terms, and no use of commercial/proprietary names is allowed. Videos must not exceed 7 minutes in length. Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as otherwise the abstract may be amended or rejected.
Results reported using statements such as “results will be presented” or “data will be analyzed” will not be accepted.
A maximum of 5 abstracts will be accepted per presenting author. Those who have already reached this number can only be listed as co-author.
There are no limits of authors per abstract.
Presenters will be notified of their abstract acceptance by September 30, 2022.
Please note that all abstract presenters are required to register to attend the meeting by the early bird deadline, no later than October 10, 2022.
If they have not registered by this date their abstract will be withdrawn.
Further information on your presentation (presentation time for oral and video presenters, set up details for poster presenters) will be published on the website ifso-apc2022.com.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Please follow the following submission steps:
1) Fill in the details of the Submitter. Please make sure that the Submitter corresponds to the Presenting Author.
2) Fill in with accuracy the Name and Family Name, Department, Hospital/University/Company, City, Country and email address of all co-Authors. The final program of the Meeting will report the names exactly as you have filled them in and in the same sequence. The organizers will not be responsible for any missing of mistyped name in the program.
3) Do not forget to tick on the appropriate box to indicate the name of the Presenting Author of the abstract at the Meeting.
4) Please select the preferred type of presentation (Oral, Poster, Video), select the topic and type the abstracts’ title.
5) At the end of the process, please choose the WORD file of your Abstract and click on the button “upload”. Make sure that the abstract has been filled in following the Abstract template and the WORD file does not exceed 4 MB.
6) Press the button “SAVE”. You will see a summary of the information that you have digited. Click on “SUBMIT ABSTRACT”.
FOR VIDEOS SUBMISSION ONLY
When you reach the last page of the process (ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION COMPLETED), you will find a link to upload your video. Click on it before ending the submission process. Please make sure that your Video does not exceed 50 MB and make sure that the file is named with the title of the Video.
After entering the online form and sending the abstract, the Submitter will receive by email the confirmation of submission, together with a username and a password. Authors can login anytime into the abstract submission system and make all changes to the abstract, till the deadline for the abstract submission.
* If you have any problem submitting your abstract through the online system, please contact the Secretariat at:firstname.lastname@example.org
When your WORD file is ready please click on the button below